Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend update

Lest you think I'm a whiner only in Utah, this post should persuade you I'm nothing if not consistent. Yesterday, it SNOWED in Wisconsin-nothing stuck, but the fact that it was cold enough for snow flurries at the end of April proved to me that moving to Utah was not an entirely bad thing. And, the day before we had spectacular thunderstorms due to really humid air, and I really don't miss that either (though I do miss my curly hair that results as the humidity rises).


Overall, the kids are doing well and I'm just tired. Thankfully, we have family support so I get a bit of a break and some peace and quiet before they're in bed for the night. Eli had his second birthday party in Wisconsin yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed his two pieces of cake. I loved getting to see all of my old friends while in Appleton, and was thrilled to realize we are all still friends. It was so great to laugh with people who know me really well. And, my friends in Utah will be glad to know I've started my trek west already by heading back to my parent's (and Brian's mom's) house, which are both about one hour west of where Brian and I used to live. So, even though I decided we ARE moving back here (read that, Brian? we ARE), I am coming back to Utah (and maybe you'll all be able to convince me otherwise). And honestly, I'm getting tired of being a mom, being more sedentary than normal and of not being in my house, so I'd almost say I'm looking forward to next Saturday. Of course, than means I have to fly back with the kids all by myself, but I'm not above drugging them.

To close, here's the sunrise over the Wisconsin River.

It's not quite like over the mountains, but pretty nonetheless.

2 comments:

The Close's Place said...

yeah for the post, glad to see you're having fun. Sure miss you around here.

Amy said...

Hi Sara- you don't know me--creepy I know-- but I started the book club and wanted to officially invite you and tell you that we changed the book "Goose Girl" is what we are reading. May 22- my house- you are SO welcome to join us! Hope I don't freak you out by commenting on your blog when you don't know me :)