Sunday, May 4, 2008

Home again


The boys and I survived our trip back to Utah. On the second plane ride, Eli was one tired wolf-pup and Shyly (Braedy) caused lots of trouble. Even the movie and duct tape over his seatbelt couldn't keep him contained. But, surprisingly peanut butter M&Ms were enough to keep him in his seat for the remainder of our flight after the DVD battery died (coincidentally when we were starting our descent). Braedy loved flirting with everyone on the plane and Eli kept singing songs to himself. Honestly, it wasn't that bad at all, but boy am I glad to be in my house, with my stuff. Even though Utah doesn't feel like home and I miss my old friends more than ever, it's just nice to be back among familiar things and in a place that's totally my own.

And, Brian was awesome: he cleaned up, did laundry, changed all of the sheets and managed to get a good portion of the basement framed out all while managing the problem of Forklift Rodeo that arose at his work while he was in Wisconsin. It was a great way to come back.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I am glad that you had a nice trip. It is nice to get away, but even nicer to get back to your own stuff...especially your own bed!

Brooke Shreeve said...

welcome back.