For the first time in Eli's short life, he ate part of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Over the weekend, he tasted jelly for apparently the first time (I know it's just the first time in recent history, but he doesn't), and now, he's a fan. Being the good, somewhat healthy mom I am, I refused to make him a jelly sandwich, even if that's what Curious George had, which is why I made the sandwich with both peanut butter and jelly.
Do you know how exciting it would be if Eli and Braedy would actually eat real lunch foods for once? Every once in a while, Eli eats hot dogs, but if I could make him sandwiches, my world would just expand. We wouldn't always have to stop at McDonalds, we could stop at Subway! We wouldn't have to bring lots of different snacks for lunch on hikes, we could just pack a sandwich! Oh the possibilities.
By the way, Eli has started hitting me-two times in the last several days-so any parenting tips other than "We don't hit, and you're on time out for the next ten minutes" would be greatly appreciated. The kid is so ANGRY lately; I'm frantically re-reading Love and Logic to see what to do about that. It did help today, when I told Eli how much I understood that younger siblings and sharing can be hard, but still, every time he sees Braedy doing something he thinks Braedy shouldn't be doing, his tone turns menacing, and he heads for Braedy's body, with intent to hurt. It's driving me nuts, but it's time for bed on my hard mattress, which will be replaced soon so I can stop sleeping on the floor or couch half-way through the night. I know, I know: flooding in my sister's basement in Wisconsin, a cat I gave her newly diagnosed with diabetes, other people with bigger problems, and I still manage to whine about my life. But you know what? It's my blog and I can whine if I want to. And on a positive note, XM is playing "Friday I'm in Love" by the Cure, which I haven't heard in ages, and I still remember the words, so I've got that going for me.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Posted by Sara at 8:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Um, I love the cure. I wish I could help out some with Eli. I can't imagine the frustration. Any pic's from Moab?
Hang in there Sara. We are all challenged as parents at one time or another and some how we get through it. I am not sure which is worse though, angry little ones or sassy teenagers...hmmm
I would ask him if every time he did something that you didn't like if he thinks that you should hit him. Ask him what he thinks it would feel like to be hit by you, someone bigger than him. Explain that that is what he is doing to Braedy. He is so smart and I bet you could get him to see why it's a problem. It's worth a try.
Carson tried the same thing and it took Layne to explain that he does not hit. Hitting is only when they are wrestling with each other but we don't hit mom or girls.
Post a Comment