Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend update


The boys "helped" Brian build in the basement again on Saturday. Lately, that has meant pulling things out of boxes and strewing them all over the basement floor. Saturday, it also meant climbing up a ladder for Braedy. Then, Braedy got kicked out of the basement and was forced to come upstairs where I was doing aerobics. Braedy was mesmerized by the people on my DVD and started doing squats and pretending to lift weights. Maybe he'll be an aerobics instructor or dancer rather than a carpenter when he grows up.

For his part, Eli showed great promise (or at least interest) in gymnastics this weekend. He kept calling the Olympic Trials "gymnastics class". Eli was HOOKED! He kept saying, "I'm going to do what that man is doing on TV" and then started leaping around the room and contorting his body. Whenever a gymnast would hug his coach, Eli would run up to me and hug me. And the reality is, gymnastics wouldn't be a bad thing for him to like since it's an individual sport and he wouldn't really have to talk to people that much. So, perhaps we'll see him in the Olympics in 2024. Or not. No pressure.

I spent nearly the whole day scrapbooking on Sunday-12 pages completed in all!, and I'm finally finished with Braedy's baby book! And, I started my new organization system based on "Photo Freedom", so I feel like I accomplished a lot.

Aside from a spat with Brian and feeling cooped up inside due to the heat, not a bad weekend at all.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Close's Place said...

Brian said that he made him a balance beam to practice on. You guys are fun parents.

Erin H said...

Sounds like Eli needs a tumbling or gymnastic class! I want to hear more about the photo organizing - sounds like a good idea. Maybe some time you can teach me the art of a weel done scrapbook page, mine are rather boring.

Cicada said...

My kitchen table is right now covered with a decade of photos I'm trying to organize a la Stacy, so I'm with you! I'm so happy for you that you finished that baby book... I have not done one yet for Mia and it hangs heavily over my head since she just turned FOUR. Maybe you'll inspire me to get going.

I just read your hubby's roast and it made me laugh! Now I'm writing one up for Jeff in my head but I don't think he'd be as understanding if I posted it :)