Yesterday afternoon was just plain too hot to be outside. So, when Braedy woke up and I found a messy Braedy and equally messy crib, I convinced the boys that we could have a pool indoors in our whirlpool tub (and I'd get the benefit of air conditioning). Here they are practicing going under water:
Synchronized swimming at its finest.
Yesterday, I also discovered lots of new things and places. First, I went to Smith and Edwards for the first time. It was a bit scary and very overwhelming, but at least they had my hiking boots at a reasonable price and didn't charge shipping. Since we were up north by Smith and Edwards and just one exit from where Brian works, I called Brian to meet the boys and me for "lunch" at McDonald's. I thought it would be fun to see him mid-day, but forgot how nutso the kids can be while eating and in public. Note to self: don't take kids out to lunch or to meet their already stressed out dad mid-day unless we're someplace they can run around and not climb on their dad. Oh well, at least I got to see Brian and experience my second discovery of the day: McDonald's iced coffee. Now I can understand why Starbucks is having issues keeping up with McDonalds, and honestly, I was shocked that it tasted as good as it did.
Finally, I found a "pub" that has Guinness on tap, which made my day. Some gals I know from Wisconsin and other moms from a Bible study they participate in headed out for a mom's night out, which I'll rarely turn down. We had a great time chatting about life, the universe and everything and partaking in what is quite possibly the world's best beer. What a nice way to end the day.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Posted by Sara at 5:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Where is this "pub" you found? Just curious. Glad you had a good girl's night. If you ever want to go, let me know. :)
Ya gotta love the whirlpool tubs. I find mine very useful as a play pen for Mason. I just throw a few toys in and he can be there as happy a a clam as long as I am in the bathroom with him. Works great for when I have to get ready for work.
I love smith & edwards. It's where Jake used to buy ALL of his outdoor equipment. We used to spend hours out there. It has changed over the years, but I still love that store, they have everything!
The bathtub looks like it has ice in it :)
Glad you had so many discoveries!!
That photo just made me laugh out loud! Yeah, I like McDonalds' iced coffee too, but I wish it were a lot less sweet. You so can't beat the price though! A caffeine drive through run can just turn my day right around for the better, that's for sure.
And, I LOVE that frame you posted below!! I am off to check out that website...
Post a Comment