Both boys made up for my LONG afternoon yesterday by napping today. Braedy slept for nearly 4 hours, and Eli actually napped for about two. Unfortunately, the nap did little to curtail Eli's whining and general poor attitude when he's asked to do things either on his own or that he doesn't want to do. But nonetheless, I accomplished a lot during the boys naps.
No, I didn't clean, but for the first hour of Braedy's nap, Eli and I went to observe his new preschool for next year. It's called the Terrace School of Music, and it meets two days per week (coincidentally the two days I have aerobics, so he won't be at daycare/preschool five days per week next fall as I was pretty sure that would cause him to spontaneously combust). He'll get to learn all sorts of "preschooly" things (like, "I got here FIRST, Braedy, so this is NOT yours" just like he learned at daycare today) and will get to learn about music (notes, playing the piano and other instruments). Although he's not that musical a guy, I think the whole experience will be a plus for both Eli and me. I'm very excited that it all appears to be working out.
The rest of the time both boys napped was just fun time for me; trying to upload a ringtone, unsuccessfully (I am technologically deficient), getting dinner started and uploading pictures to the computer. But, it was so refreshing to not have little voices around me for a while. When everyone woke up and finished a snack, we headed outside where Braedy continued his newfound habit of putting everything (I mean everything) into his mouth. Yesterday, it was a lamp from a doll house, a fist full of play-doh and Eli's small animals. Today, it was chalk and rocks. Stacy's mom suggested that perhaps Braedy is mineral deficient. I say that, or he's just plain weird.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
What do you feed that kid?
Posted by Sara at 8:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
glad you got that nice long break, even if the ring didn't download and they were still tough. Truthfully, the day could've been worse. Sometimes every little bit of alone time is helpful.
Hi neighbor!!
I can't remember if I've posted to your blog, but I've visited here quite a few times this week! Jenny Kapp told me about the fun blogs in the 'hood so I checked hers out and got links to everyone.
At first the whole blogging thing seemed like it would be too time-consuming; just one more thing added to my already crazed life. But as I've done it the past 4 months, I've really enjoyed it. It's kind of like an online journal/scrapbook that others can take a peek into and get to know you better. It's fun!
Thanks for sharing your daily tidbits--especially during the winter when it seems we're all stuck inside by weather and illness. It feels so isolated sometimes!
Have a wonderful weekend!
-Melissa Cheney
rockymountainstamper.blogspot.com
Post a Comment