This afternoon, in a very spontaneous moment for me, we decided that instead of fighting Braedy to nap, we'd head down to Sandy to the Living Planet Aquarium. After a 45 minute drive, Eli had seen enough of the place in 15 minutes. But, for an aquarium in the middle of the desert, it wasn't all bad. Brian and I even got to pet sting-rays. And, we joined on a family pass because if we just go one more time, the cost will be worth if. For his part, Eli had his first temper tantrum leaving someplace that I can ever recall: he was ticked that we wouldn't buy him anything at the gift shop. And when I say ticked, I really mean angry, offended, about to explode, coupled with a strong dose of screaming, crying and wailing. Not kicking, but close. When we said we wouldn't come back if he didn't stop, he finally stopped, but even after the ride home, he was still mad at us. Ah kids; they just make life so interesting.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Something's fishy around here
Posted by Sara at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
We went there when it was in Salt Lake. We had a great time for about 15 minutes as well. Have you taken your kids to the Children's musuem in Salt Lake? You can let your kids run wild till they're tired and want to go home:)
Love the 45 minute drive for only 15 minutes. Maybe you can double up your activities and make the drive worthwhile.
I'm still going t blog often :)
Don't ya just LUV the temper tantrums?!? Yeah, I gave up judging people with a screaming kid about 3 kids ago... Until you've walked in their shoes and dealt with a kid in that frame of mind, you just have no idea how difficult it is to keep your cool and not KILL the kid on the spot!
Even with his lovely tantrum, I promise that you guys STILL had a better day than we did on Saturday! Our 9 year old broke his arm--how not fun is that?!? More details over on my blog.
Hang in there with the kiddos and have a good week!
Post a Comment