I did what I didn't think could be done: I finished World Without End in less than a week. It was awesome; just as good as Pillars of the Earth (can't say it's better since it's been years since I read Pillars of the Earth, but equally captivating). I have to say, I'm glad I finished it because my health, sanity and boys probably couldn't have handled another late night. I've been staying up until close to 11:00 unable to put it down. Of course, I still have my nightly Bible readings too, so I've tried to be disciplined, stop reading the book at a good hour, read the Bible and go to sleep. But, last night, I gave in to temptation and after reading my Bible, switched back to my book meaning I was very fired up about the story and unable to sleep last night. The various plot lines in the book were so strong and captivating that I would skip over pages just to see what happened to the particular character so I could go to sleep (or put down the book to tend to something else in my life). Pathetic. But, I highly recommend both books. They are long, but are just amazing reads. And now, despite this being a rather boring post, I am going to make amends for my "late" night last night and head to bed.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Last Saturday I decided I had to find book 2 of the Twilight series. Grace and I went to B&N at 9 pm to get it - sadly I'm almost done. I say sadly because I desperatly need to not stay up until 1 am reading! But I've been having some nice vampire dreams - WEIRD!!!
Post a Comment