One thing I really can't stand about living here is sometimes the jet noise is just unbearable. I'm especially disturbed when the night maneuvers start right as I've turned off my light for the night. I'm all mellowed out, ready to sleep and then, WHOOOSH; no sleep for you, Sara, the jets have more important things to do. As an aside, I almost drove off the road Saturday in Layton when a jet literally crossed the road right in front of me. In Wisconsin, they have signs for when crop dusters go near fields saying, "Caution, low flying planes." One would think that would be useful up by Hill AFB, but that's just me being, oh, practical (and sarcastic).
On another noise front, if you hear a blood curdling scream coming from the common area, it's likely from Eli. He's decided that's the only noise he can properly make while jumping off the rock ledge. And, if it's not Eli, it's Braedy, who decided this evening that he too knows how to jump off (in other words, walk right off) of the rock ledge. Or, it's my kids learning to fly and walk on air (which reminds me of the song, "Believe it or not, I'm walking on air, I never thought I could feel so FREE ee ee").
There is no point to this post other than to get to write out those song lyrics and post pictures of the kids flying.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
What's that noise?
Posted by Sara at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Other than all other annoyances - the jets are cool for the kids to watch. That is the positive thing about them agreed!
They're even cool for me to watch, too, I'll grant you that.
I don't hear them that much here (In Wash. Terrace, you hear them all the time). Can't say that I miss it. I think it is my hearing loss at my old age...as for your song, I unfortunately know what t.v show that came from...I really am old!
Flying away, a wing and a prayer. Who could it be? Believe it or not, its just me.
Best song ever, I'm considering it for a ringtone!!
Post a Comment