Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Let's go fly a kite


My parents bought Eli a kite to fly in the South Weber wind, but we didn't get it out until today. Once we got outside and got the kite into the air, Eli yelled, "Mom, the wolf-pups are FINALLY having fun!" (as if nothing they've ever done before was fun). But, even though Eli kept turning in circles and getting himself entangled in the kite's string, he really was having fun and was equally enjoyable to watch. Braedy really couldn't have cared less, though he did enjoy trying to step on the kite's tail.

Here's some pure, unadulterated joy on Eli's face. Absolutely priceless.

And even better, it almost makes up for him annoying me to no end this morning. Really, what made up for that was Eli taking his first nap in over two weeks. He slept longer than Braedy, meaning I got to read more of World without End by Ken Follett (what, did you think I'd say I did something actually productive?). It's so great when a not-great morning (in terms of kids) can turn into a nice, quiet part of the afternoon just because kids decide to sleep.


On a completely unrelated note, I stretched my photography skills this morning by taking pictures of sleeping Leah. Hopefully Stacy will find something she likes in the nearly 300 pictures I took! It was fun pretending to be Anne Geddes while keeping Andrew, Eli and Braedy from screaming so loudly (or crying so loudly) that they'd wake up Leah. Hey, I'm always up for a challenge.

4 comments:

The Close's Place said...

I love spending the kids' naptimes with guilty pleasures. I say read away girl!

Thank you so much for taking pics this morning. Hopefully I did you proud with my editing

Brooke Shreeve said...

I love the pictures on Stacy's blog. They look great.

Erin H said...

Sara, the pic's turned out great! Isn't it fun to just snap away and not worry that every shot is probably wasting away good film or a slide! I love digital cameras!

Michelle said...

Hey, when you get a minute, I would love to know what that lens is that you were telling me about. It looks like a great one, and I really need a better one. Thanks!