Before reading this, you have to promise you don't have a shot gun hidden in your basement and that you're not going to call animal control. Promise? Okay.
Today, while watching for magpies out our window, Brian noticed larger movement. He thought he saw a fox. Upon further examination, we realized it was a coyote! He was right behind the empty lot next to our house; jumping into the snow and digging, apparently looking for breakfast. Eli was in Heaven. He insisted upon calling his Grandma (this is a big deal since he doesn't usually willingly talk to anyone, let alone someone on the phone) to tell her all about it. It's now a half an hour later, and he claims he's going to spend most of the day watching for the coyote out our window.
In other events, I realized my camera lens isn't so hot at zooming in close-up at animals not even that far away, which is disappointing, so if you've got any tips, Erin, I'll take them.
So, that's our excitement for the morning. It's a good thing I have a stalker family who notices things outdoors so we were able to see a coyote. That's one thing we definitely don't have up close in Wisconsin.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
New neighbor
Posted by Sara at 8:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
That is cool!!! When we moved in we has a BIG FAT racoon on our front step. I won't pull out the pellet gun until I have a skunk on my front porch.
Post a Comment