I'm in a rush-how can I be in a rush at this hour?! But, suffice it to say we didn't totally "wow" the City Council last night, but we were heard. Our "spokesman" kept his cool and let the City know how disappointed we've been in its response. It was fun seeing a particular person, who shall remain nameless but who prevented us from being on the agenda, squirm as the Council members side-stepped the question of when they actually saw our letter. Any bets on last night?
But one thing became really clear to me at that meeting: we all need to do a better job of staying informed and involved. I think this place where we live doesn't do such a hot job of letting people know what projects are upcoming (case in point, they just shut off water, hello!). But, we can do something about it. We were told last night by an HOA president from another development to use the email and phone numbers listed on the City website to contact the "representatives" directly with our concerns. Otherwise, apparently nothing happens. Also, there's a survey we can all take on the City's website. I'd encourage all of you (blog stalkers included-you know who you are-and I welcome you to my blog, but more importantly I know you live here in this City with me since that's the only people who have this blog address). :)
So, get to work. Be an active civil participant and take the time to let the City know what you think of it. I know we all have better things to do, but wow, we learned some interesting things about this place I'd never heard before last night and maybe it's time we started caring just a little more.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Civics
Posted by Sara at 4:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, that's an early post!! Amen to this post. I talked to Matt today after his meeting with Mr. Nameless, and it went really well. Finally, a bit of justice.
When do you want to watch the American Idol you missed?
Ya I'm glad Matt was able to talk. Sorry to leave. When you have worked all day and have not been home for more than 5 minutes it makes for a long day. And the fact I only had one hour before bed time to take care of my famiy. Hope you can forgive.
Post a Comment