Monday, March 31, 2008

What to do, what to do?


This is a good picture of my day for a number of reasons. First, it shows Eli goofing off and practicing his athleticism, which he did most of today (albeit inside since we have more bloody snow that stuck to the ground today). Second, it's a good visual for my life (such as it is) out here: it seems to have been turned upside down. Just when I thought things were settling down, that I was making two groups of good friends (one, my neighborhood gals, and the other, my playgroup gals) to whom I could actually talk and not just waste time, poof! The playgroup gal group has broken up. It's not anyone's fault, really, but it's just sad to me.

Obviously, it's not that horrible; I do have the neighborhood friends (although Stacy's moving away, and most of you work leaving me deserted during the day!) and still have some networks to explore to find new ones. But, my aerobics class has been canceled for the foreseeable future meaning I have a choice to make: take the same class with a different instructor Saturday mornings and Monday nights (meaning I have all week-day mornings "free" with the kids-translation: I still don't have anything planned, and therefore will go nuts) and still have to find a way to exercise on my own two other days or join a health club and promise myself that I WILL exercise 4 days a week since it's costing so much. But, with summer coming soon, I wonder whether I'd actually use the membership. And, with the primary goal of finding more friends, I just don't know whether being at a health club four times a week would really be the place to do that.

So many choices, and really hard ones to make since I do want to get in better shape, but part of that is protecting my mental health-which means finding friends to do stuff with during the week. But, like I'll have to start saying to Eli someday, life's not fair, and sometimes it's tough, but nearly always, it gets better. Here's to hoping...

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I actually think you would really like my gym. We talked a little bit about it, but I can get you some more info for ya. By the way, once it starts warming up a bit, I'm up for a walk or little play date any day!!